« Previous   Next »

Recent Blogs
OPERATION: Vegas 2012


Related Content
 
 
 



Tuesday, January 31st, 2012

OPERATION: Vegas 2012

OPERATION: Vegas 2012
humzoo

I have started training for the Triple Crown of Running in Louisville, KY and my goal is to lose 30 lbs by the first weekend in May. To celebrate my achievement, I will be running in the Las Vegas Komen Race for the Cure on May 5.

To date (January 31, 2012) I've lost 6 pounds, slowly but surely, and for the first time in my life I am running a 15-minute mile. It may not seem much to some of you... but for me THIS IS HUGE!

Please support me in my extremely lofty goal! This is the first time I have publicly talked about this goal, so now I HAVE to stick to it!

Thanks for your support,
Betsy G.

CLICK HERE TO DONATE TO THE CAUSE!
http://southernnevada.info-komen.org/site/TR/Events?px=...

How is the money raised from the Race for the Cure spent?
Up to 75 percent of the Komen Southern Nevada Race for the Cure's net income stays in Southern Nevada to fund local screening, treatment and education programs for the medically underserved. The remaining 25 percent is dedicated to the national Susan G. Komen for the Cure Grants Program, which funds groundbreaking breast cancer research. Thanks to people like you, in 2011, the Komen Southern Nevada Affiliate was able to grant $725,000 to local community programs in our six county service area. This year we are aiming even higher! If every 2012 Race participant raised an average of just $125, we could raise over $1.8 million. Imagine the impact that can make on our community.


1 Comment
hawkwolf
In the Fall, Raleigh has a large Komen Race for the Cure and later they have the Jimmy V, Kay Yow activities. The V Foundation is headquarted in Raleigh and so is the Yow Group. I had the priviledge of having met both of these people at WPC gatherings and they were unique individuals. Coach Yow helped our church at a Relay for Life Event (these events are big in the county where I live) by donating an autographed basketball, which we sold at a silent auction and she also donated $50.00 for Luminaria in memory of some people.
BeanCounter37   Wednesday, February 1, 2012
Leave a Comment


Your Name
Publish Comment