My Year of Reading: 2022My Year of Reading: 2022
On Saturday, I completed my reading for 2022. Like last year, I had a relatively modest goal this year to incorporate more non-baseball books into my rotation. The non-baseball books were focused on music. While I can certainly say I accomplished that, the reality is that I did not read enough for my taste. Regardless, here is the disappointingly small list of books that I completed during the last 12 months. Note: All books are listed in the order that they were read.
2) K: A History of Baseball in Ten Pitches
3) A Thousand Ships
4) Charlie Murphy: The Iconoclastic Showman behind the Chicago Cubs
5) Wicked Curve: The Life and Troubled Times of Grover Cleveland Alexander
John C. Skipper
6) Halas by Halas: The Autobiography of George Halas
7) The Called Shot: Babe Ruth, the Chicago Cubs, and the Major League Baseball Season of 1932
8) Intentional Balk: Baseball's Thin Line Between Innovation and Cheating
Daniel Levitt and Mark Armour
9) Chapter and Verse: New Order, Joy Division and Me
10) This Searing Light, the Sun and Everything Else: Joy Division: The Oral History
11) Please Kill Me: The Uncensored Oral History of Punk
Legs McNeil and Gillian McCain
Here's to more substantial reading in 2023.