16 Random, or Not So Random, Facts About MeOver the last couple days, I have struggled to come up with blog topics. Usually I have a few different ideas at a given time. Today, not so much. I decided to steal an idea from a friend's Facebook page. Here are 16 random, or not so random, facts about me.
1. I have attended Major League Baseball games at the following parks: Wrigley Field, Comiskey Park, Comiskey Park II/U.S. Cellular Field, Oriole Park at Camden Yards, Fenway Park, Yankee Stadium, Tropicana Field, Rogers Centre at SkyDome, Jacobs Field, Comerica Park, Kaufmann Stadium, Angels Stadium, Oakland-Alameda County Stadium, The Ballpark at Arlington, Dolphins Stadium, Shea Stadium, RFK Stadium, Great American Ballpark, Minute Maid Field, Miller Park, Three Rivers Stadium, PNC Park, Busch Stadium, Dodger Stadium, PETCO Park, and AT&T Park.
2. I believe that each album Duran Duran has released is very good.
3. I saw Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace 29 times at the theater during its initial release. That includes three times on it's first day, and 15 times by the end of its first weekend. Most of the other times were at dollar showings.
4. I've been going to the same dentist's office since I was a 5-year-old.
5. My best bowling score was 225 at the Brunswick Zone at North Avenue and Glen Ellyn Road in Glendale Heights, Illinois. During that game, I bowled six consecutive strikes. Had I paid $5 that night, I would have won $1,000 for that feat.
6. My favorite line from Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back is spoken by Darth Vader. "This facility is crude but should be adequate to freeze Skywalker for his journey to the Emperor."
7. My paternal grandfather, who was born in Winnipeg, shortened his last name from Pewarchuk to Pearch when he moved to Chicago.
8. Here is the name of every organized baseball team I ever played for: Dark Blue, Astros, Dodgers, Pirates, Yankees, Bobcats, Cardinals, Unnamed, and Trojans. I played under some names for multiple seasons.
9. The baseball glove that I use today was purchased in 1987.
10. My childhood phone number was (312) 345-5438, but I can't remember my phone number when I rented a basement apartment in Elmhurst in 2002.
11. My friend and I went "trick-or-treating" on New Year's Day 1984. Surprisingly, one little old lady gave us fruit. My friend held a sign that read, "19." My sign read, "84."
12. That same friend and I caught his mother's microwave on fire when we decided to make cookies. We put a plate of Play-Doh in the microwave for 30 minutes.
13. I batted 5-for-5 during an evening Little League game in 1987 while my left eye was swollen and black. I was hit in the eye by a batted ball during a pick-up game that afternoon.
14. My favorite video game for Intellivision was Astrosmash. A close second was Donkey Kong.
15. I was born on September 20, 1973. That was the day of the "Battle of the Sexes" tennis match between Bobby Riggs and Billie Jean King. That was also the day Jim Croce died. The Chicago Cubs defeated the Montreal Expos at Wrigley Field, 5-4. The paid attendance was only 1,957.
16. Including my residence hall from college, I have had 18 different addresses during my life. This does not include work addresses.